- Getting Started
- Updating a windows template
Updating a windows template
1. Fully update windows, ccleaner, chromium and spybot anti-beacon.
2. Download the latest virtio driver pack. Install the latest qemu agent. In Device manager, update the network card (NetKVM) and the Balloon Driver (also requires replacing C:\windows\blnsrv.exe with the latest version)
3. Restart a few times to make sure windows is actually fully updated (keep checking each time).
4. Run ccleaner
5. Delete windows update files at C:\Windows\SoftwareDistrobution\Download\
6. Run WinSXS (to minimize the size of windows after updates)
7. Run Defrag
8. Make any final improvements you wish.
9. Most importantly, run chkdsk /f c: (then gracefully reboot, watch the chkdsk complete through KVM)
10. Run chkdsk a SECOND time, reboot, watch to make sure it completes. If you don't chkdsk twice you may have issues with your template not showing the correct disk space available.
11. After the 2nd chkdsk is complete and windows has started again, do a clean graceful shutdown.
12. At this point you are ready to do the create template procedure from the control panel. VirtPanel will minimise the image and re-package the template for you.
I started using VirtPanel in March 2015, the support and service is excellent. The panel is always having new features for server admins and customers added at no extra fees. If I have any server issues VirtPanel are always on hand to offer advice on resolving the issues. I highly recommend VirtPanel to anyone.
John E. - xHosts.uk
I mitigated from SolusVM to VirtPanel in early 2015 because of how simple it looked compared to other control panels that are available, including SolusVM. Since they understand networking better than SolusVM it saves me a lot of time installing nodes which I can use to help grow my business further. Any complaints I have had have been corrected and it is working well for myself, my vps customers and my resellers.
Lewis B. - HostSavor.com